Saturday, November 1, 2008

Giving is so difficult...

Dream your pictures, paint your dreams. Don't let life get you down. Stay strong & rise above your circumstances. Each storm will pass you by and a new dawn will come

Sometimes I wonder why I get myself involved with so many fund-raising programs. It has gotten to a stage where my friends don't like to see me approaching them. Sometimes I think, "Why do I embarrass myself in this way?". But when I see the needs again coming up from those who are poor, oppressed, down-trodden and very much in need, my heart goes out to them.

I hope you will continue to give notwithstanding the poor economic conditions. Give and it shall be given to you. Don't be like one or two of my well-to-do friends. They give a thousand ringgit and they think they have done you a huge favor. They don't even see where their money is going. Such miserly 'skin-flints' will never really enjoy their money because they don't understand what giving really is and what it does to them. I have 2 powerpoints here which are all for fund-raising. One is for the world-famous Little Angels concert from China and the other is for two Charity Mount Kinabalu climbs scheduled for April and May.

God bless you richly as you think of giving.......

No comments: