Friday, November 7, 2008

Dream your pictures


Dream your pictures, paint your dreams. Don't let life get you down. Stay strong & rise above your circumstances. Each storm will pass you by and a new dawn will come. Remember to LAUGH MUCH because life should never be serious. So what if you have problems, so what if you have difficulties that cannot be solved, so what if you may not wake up tomorrow. Laugh today - find a friend who can share with you such moments and throw caution to the wind. It will inspire you to rise up to where you can be..... Yes my friends, don't stay down in your life. Keep looking and keep trying. "Failure is not failure until you fail to try!"

In my last posting, I couldn't quite put up my Powerpoint over my blogsite. Those of you who are interested in the Powerpoints for the Little Angels and the Mount Kinabalu climb, please email me at onghocksiew@gmail.com.

LIFE IS ABOUT CHOICES...
Life is about making choices - the right ones. I will never forget the time when I discovered I had this condition called OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I will switch the lights on and off 20 times before I could walk away from it; I will touch the sink handle 15 times before I could finish washing my hands; I will write the letters of the apphabet meticulously before I could finish writing my homework; I will use special hand cleansers and I will clean my hands 50 times a day; I was terrified of heights; I was scared stiff of the dark; I was also scared of the water. I had such insecurities they consumed me. I was always afraid that something will happen to my mother and we will all be destitute.

WE OFTEN IMPRISON OURSELVES WITH OUR OWN THOUGHTS
Such a life is no life at all. Read up on the Internet about such sufferers and the experts tell you there is no cure. There is also a chemical deficiency in the body - a shortage of seratonin. The big problem is few people would want to have a such a friend in their life so friends slowly move away. The mental grip of such a condition is terrible and try as we would, the condition persisted. At one stage I was resigned to the fact that I will never have a cure for it in my life. But I was wrong - I was wrong because I was determined to beat this condition and this determination brought me the victory!!!

WE CAN OVERCOME IF WE DON'T LET GO OF HOPE...
My friends, I beat this condition and I beat it bad with God's help!!! Even when people thought that there was something wrong with me, I knew that I would one day be free of this terrible mental affliction. My many friends who have been led by me up Mt Kinabalu the past 53 times will testify to you that I show no symptoms of OCD - not at all. What a victory!! What a feeling of winning!!

IT IS ABOUT TAKING THE SMALL STEPS
If you know of anyone who has such a condition, refer them to me. I will show them how they can be free of this terrible disease of the mind. It is about taking small steps to at first stop giving in to the condition. Then it is about taking the small little steps to come free of it. There must be a strong and consistent mental appraoch and a commitment to the Champion's creed.

WITH GOD'S HELP, WE CAN STAND ON MOUNTAINS.....
I will write more about it in the future but I want to end by saying that we should never let the roaring threats of economic and physical hardships defeat our spirits. The battle is in the areas of our minds and our spirit. So long as we stand up and endure, we will still be standing when the fury of the storm has abated. With God's help, we can do almost anything that we set our minds on - you can be sure of that! With God's help, we can stand on mountains.....

No comments: