Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Laugh a bit.....

Dream your pictures, paint your dreams. Don't let life get you down. Stay strong & rise above your circumstances. Each storm will pass you by and a new dawn will come

BOY! WAS IT A MISTAKE!!

I had just finished attending a meeting in Kota Kinabalu. There I met this old friend of mine whom I had not seen for a good 15 years. As I warmly shook his hands and chatted with him about the old days we started to bond again. Then I saw a lady seated just next to him who looked just a wee bit old. I turned to him and said, "Great to see you bringing your mother along!"

His face changed expressions and then he exclaimed, "What? My mother? She is my wife!!!"

I was embarassed no end and the great bonding turned sour! He quickly left and did not even bother to say goodbye. Have you had such an experience before? I have learnt to now shoot my mouth slower and be careful about how we perceive situations!!!

LET ME END WITH THIS STORY ON THE RIGHT RESPONSES.....

This young man who was studying in England was such a great spender that his parents were tired with his constant request for money and the way he wrote home. One day they received what was the last straw for them because the letter was brief and short and it contained the following message....

"Dear daddy, no money, not funny, your Sonny"

The parents thought through this and decided that enough is enough so they replied.....

"Dear Lad, so sad, too bad, your Dad!"

Isn't this how we should sometimes respond to the wrong requests?????

No comments: