Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shameful Broadband claims...

SUCH A BAND-WIDTH SHAME ON THE MALAYSIAN INTERNET….

I make reference to the connectivity to the Internet in Malaysia. There is so much talk about how much money has been spent on building Broadband capabilities in the country by the major network providers. When I read about the amount of money spent, I really feel ashamed of the situation in Malaysia. The authorities here simply can’t contend with the truth.....

The situation is really horrendous in the country especially with regards to the use of Wireless connectivity and even direct broadband connection. I use a CELCOM HSDPA Wireless data card and it is absolutely useless. I encounter “broken” connections all the time. I will be able to surf the net or send emails for perhaps 10 minutes and then it happens – I get disconnected. Then I can;t get connected for long periods of time. It is a shame when CELCOM advertises itself so much as the provider which has the widest connections in Malaysia. What they provide is utterly a shambles considering their representations. Unfortunately, there are NOT many other choices in this country because I was on MAXIS and they were equally bad. Whenever I see politicians loudly about how advanced we are in the IT arena, I feel really sick in my stomach. Obviously, politicians are really ignorant or worse they don’t understand what connectivity really means.

Malaysia is way behind as far as I am concerned. I have a direct Streamyx connection in my office and the speed is terrible as well. What a shame! When I visit Singapore or Hong Kong or South Korea, I can’t believe how great their connection is. It is a joy to work through such connections. Even Manila is not that bad. But Kuala Lumpur is just simply bad!

The Government and the politicians should not talk about how good Malaysia is until they have really provided good connectivity and good band-width in the country. At least, those of us who are regular users will not feel that bad. If I could have my voice heard, I would say, “Change the whole set-up". It can't get worse.

Send this message on if you think what I am saying is valid. Refer people to read my blog here. It is time the ordinary people have their voice heard. I am currently paying for a service (for both CELCOM and STREAMYX) that is woefully and shamefully bad. I am going to go on this campaign until they pay some attention and improve the situation. Thank God there is the Internet for us “little” people to make our voice heard.

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

I have made complains to Multimedia Ministry on both Celcom and Streamyx. Only from there, TM took my complain seriously, but they still didn't solve the problem, gave me some stupid reasons and wanted to see me in person, testing my laptop before allowing me to disconnect. The entire Communication Industry is overly protected by "Cronies" government.