Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dare to Dream

"Dream your pictures, paint your dreams. Don't let life get you down. Stay strong & sure. Always rise above your circumstances. Each storm will pass you by and a new dawn will come."

"You are a sentimental old fool," one of my friends said. "How can you even think of climbing the 7 highest mountains on the 7 continents of the world at your age?" "How can I?" I thought to myself for a while. Various doubts came into my mind and for a while I was unsure. Then I thought to myself, " I have never ever had prolonged moments of difficulty when I decided that I will do the tough things in my life." All such times have come and gone and I have remained in one piece (by God's grace).

As I reminiesced and looked back at the years, I realized that life has been good to me simply because I always chose the "high" road of adventure. Time and again, I have dared to dream and it has been really good. It is now time to look beyond the present horizons and move to the other adventures that beckon from afar.

I will be climbing Mt Kinabalu in July again and after that, the road ahead is pointing to other more interesting destinations. Where it leads me, I will not know...... All I know is that I will go. I am now starting an Adventure Buddies Program and I invite friends to join in. We have planned numerous exciting trips around Malaysia and these will cover the following:
  • Adventure Sabah (White water rafting, Snorkelling, Jungle walks & City fun) - September 2010
  • Mysterious Mulu (Caving, climbing and jungle trekking) - February 2011
  • Sensational Sipadan (Snorkelling, Scuba diving, Mild trekking) - April 2011
  • Mount Kinabalu (Climbing, Adventure) - March 2011 and September 2011
  • Adventure Gopeng (White water Rafting, Trekking, Caving) - January 2011
What is life if it it is not living? So let us come together and live it to the max!

OHock Siew

No comments: