Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Failure isn't failure...

Yes, my friends, Failure is never failure until you fail to try. I will never forget how I had fared so miserably on one of my business ventures. I was virtually wiped out and starring Bankruptcy in the face. Every prayer I uttered was seemingly so hollow. It was like an echo of huge proportions.

I really felt like crying. I was heavily in debts. I had told my partners if we lost money, I will be responsible for it. And here I was - without any answer, without resources and without hope in the real sense of the word. I was so down that I could not see beyond the huge wall of problems that was before me. I then remembered back to when I was climbing one of the mountains that I had been on, years back. Everything seemed so hopeless when we came to a seeming end of the trail and what was before me was a huge steep rock that was standing in my way. I had tried to go round it but it seemed almost impossible. There were deep holes round the other side.

I had wanted to turn back but my intuitive self told me that there was a way through. So I told the group I was leading that we will move on. Amidst the groans and protests that came, I walked further to the steep right. It was constant probing and that was when I spotted a small opening. As I squeezed through it and came out into a ray of light, I knew then that hope is always fulfilled with persistence. It is during the most trying times that we must never give up. Just as I squeezed through, the whole trail opened up again and we made it to the summit. What a reiteration of the power of belief in our lives.

What a lesson - what an answer!! There is always a way through if we look hard enough. Yes, in your life my friend, if you have problems right in front of you, take heart!!! Rise up in your spirit - it always begins there. Say to yourself, "I will not be discouraged. I will rise up from the difficulties that are around me and I will use it as a stepping stone because I know I am destined to be a winner!!"

You are a winner my friend - just know that!

No comments: